Monday, June 23, 2008

Cooking log, 06/23/2008

This is more or less me making notes about my cooking for how to improve it.  I won't be offended if you don't read :)

I made shepherd's pie again tonight.  This is the second time I've made it.  I used about half as much meat, but the same amount of onions and mixed vegetables.  Probably the same amount of beef bouillon, but a little bit more worcestershire sauce.  I think I used too much water again in cooking up the "flavor broth," but it was still much better than last time.  I pretty much need to cook two 3 lb. bags of red potatoes for the mashed potato topping.  I cooked most of one bag and it barely sufficed to cover the entire thing.  Overall I think it is much better this time.  Next time I need to use less water and more potatoes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmm. that musta been a feast.