Monday, March 3, 2008

Returning to the blogosphere (and catchy buzzwords)

Well, I've tried this whole blogging thing two times before - once on LiveJournal (back when you had to have an invite to join, else pay), and once on MySpace.  The MySpace blog is still technically there, but meh.  I don't particularly feel like updating it.  It seems I go through phases where I feel like sharing what's going on, and some where I feel like being reclusive.  I think that in the past I've had a tendency to think that I had to write huge posts explaining some massive idea or detailing some intricate story so that it would be a worthwhile read.  Creating such writings takes time, and that is something that is in rather short supply in my life now. So, hopefully after this initial post I'll be able to cut down a bit on my long-windedness..

Anyway, I decided to try this again because I have a few friends that have prodded me occasionally to blog.  Maybe by blogging I'll be a better friend, and perhaps I might even read other peoples' blogs more frequently!

So, my big recent news is I'm selling my old laptop (an Acer 5610Z) and have in its place gotten a new laptop (an Acer 5920-6864). I wanted to upgrade the memory in my old laptop (it had 1 GB of RAM), but I also liked the design of the new Acers. The 5920 had the new body style and 3 GB of RAM (as well as some other cool things), so I went ahead and purchased it for nearly the same price I paid for my old laptop. I'm going to be spending the next few days getting it configured how I like it (i.e., Linux, desktop effects, a good desktop theme, etc.), so the following posts will probably detail how that effort is going, along with pictures and everything. Fun times.

I have some music stuff to go take care of, so I'm out of here.

No comments: