Thursday, May 5, 2011

Loving others

Loving others is hard. There are so many different people that can get on your last nerve and push you over the edge, but this isn't what God has called us to. God has called us to patience, to understanding, to love. I try my best to avoid disparaging others, but it still happens, especially when I'm driving. For example, if someone pulls out in front of me and cuts me off, my first instinctive reaction is to mutter something about how dumb they are, etc. This is the incorrect way to handle it. Man was created in God's image. You were created in God's image. I was created in God's image. The guy that pulled out in front of me on the road was created in God's image. God loves all; He offers forgiveness and redemption to all. If I am a follower if Christ, I will understand this love and forgiveness that God offers to everyone, and try to align my life, thoughts, and actions along with what God intends. That means I don't call the bad driver stupid. I recognize that person is someone that is loved by God, and for me to disparage Him is to be in direct contradiction with God's love for that person. Matthew 18:23 - 35 clearly illustrates this. Who are we to condemn others, hold grudges against others, think bad of others when we have already been forgiven of what we have done against God?

I don't always abide by this. I'm still learning, still disciplining myself. But I truly believe that we are in the wrong when we say bad things about another person who is created in God's image.

No comments: