Monday, January 10, 2011

Final Goodbye


Blue,
I'm sorry I couldn't be there when you passed away. I'm sorry you had to go the way you did. You were a great friend to me for years. You were a beautiful cat. It saddens me to think that your beauty is now being hidden under the ground for nobody else to see. There won't be any more pictures, any more tail flaps, shoulder rides, hugs, pets, nothing. I'm having a hard time dealing with that. I've cried for almost two days now. Even though you were "just" an animal, you were a big part of my life and meant a lot to me, even though I've been mostly away from you for five years now. I'll always remember you and you will continue to be a part of my life in memories and pictures. I don't know if God has a place in heaven for pets, but if He does, you surely belong there. I thank God that He brought you into my family and that we had so many years together as friends. I love you and I miss you buddy. Goodbye friend.

No comments: