Saturday, August 9, 2008

Crushed

It sucks having to come to terms with my humanity.  There are things that I can't fix.  There are times I make mistakes, and some that I even repeat.  There are things that go completely contrary to what I want in life, but I am utterly powerless to affect the outcome.  Where can I find hope in this?  Do I hope in the wrong things?  Is what I want completely contrary to what God's will is?  How can I be sure that what I want is completely aligned with what God is doing so I never have to experience this?

I know that God had said He has plans for us, to prosper us, to give us hope and a future, but I simply can't see what He does.  He never promised life would be all sunshine and bunnies.  He said He would be there for us though, to comfort us in those times and to bring us through stronger.  The real challenge is laying aside my pride, my selfish desires, and essentially "dying to myself" to come under complete submission and cognizance that God is doing something in every situation.

I'm glad that this world is not all we have.

No comments: